The timely tale of two Muslim youth who become exposed to radicalized Islam and their gripping journey to the opposite ends of the spectrum. Khalil (Played by Boonaa Mohammed) is a Somali born-again Muslim who has recently become reconnected with his faith after serving 4 years in a federal prison, and Anas (Played by Mohammed Zeyara) is a former police informant turned extremist who is bent on waging war against the system that ruined his life.
ABOUT THE FILM
ABOUT THE EDUCATION KIT
The Educational pack and supplementary exercises are geared towards Muslim youth and young adults with ages ranging from 14-25. Parents, teachers, and youth workers may also find these resources useful in educating young people about the issues surrounding extremism. With that in mind, these resources are not exclusive to the Muslim population and may benefit non-Muslim audiences of other backgrounds and age groups.
THE KIT CONSISTS OF
- Downloadable link of the full 60 minute film
- Tug of War discussion and Resource guide
- Poster template for you to promote a screening in your community
- Educational and public performance license for your institution
HOW TO USE THE FILM
The film ‘Tug of War’ has been shown around the world in theatres, universities, mosques, libraries, and community organizations in order to help start dialogue around a very difficult subject. Here are some ways you can use the film:
- Show the film in the classroom, masjid or community organization and engage your Muslim youth with a unique perspective on radicalization.
- Use the Tug of War Manifesto and Resource Guide to help assist in leading a discussion around the topic.
- We recommend group sizes between 20-50 participants with an allotted 2-3 hours time for the Film and Post Film presentation.
HOW LICENSING WORKS
We offer a tiered licensing and pricing system to make the film accessible to all types of organizations. You are legally obligated to purchase the appropriate license for your institution.
As independent filmmakers, we rely on your support to keep producing great films and offering them to the public. We review all purchases to confirm correct licensing.
If you have any questions, please see the Licensing FAQ.